What do we mean by treatment?
- Drugs to treat pain, infections, blood pressure or other diseases.
- Vaccines to prevent infections. For example, measles, mumps or rubella vaccine.
- Medical devices such as plasters, bandages, or blood sugar measuring devices (glucose).
- Physical therapies: different types of exercise are included to strengthen muscles after sport injuries or to help with balance and movement problems.
- Psychological or behavioral therapies. These are designed to help us with the way we think about our problems.